Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 7, June 13th, 2009


Guatemala- here we come!


Yep- it was still THAT early when we got to the Orlando airport!


From foreground- Bethany, Katie, Laura, Rachel, and Annie


Our team


Yep- still four o'clock in the morning! She was really tired, but Adrianna somehow found the energy to amuse us.


***YAWNNNNN***


Rachel, Nancy, and Sam


Front- Laura
Back- Jessica, Bethany, and Hannah

Note: I forgot to write for a couple of days, so that is why I have such a big gap in the dates.

I am writing by the rays of a brilliant dawn peeking over the horizon. The lull of the plane flows gently beneath me, bits of chatter mingling with the quiet. It is about 6:15 in the morning, and the sights of drooping eyelids (quite literally) surrounds me.

To fly at this slumbering hour is a graceful pleasure; to be soaring trhoug creation's sleeping hours, with the eye of God solely watching over us. And it is times like these that I am fully convinced that He is good....

I did not finish this entry during that flight, and now the sun shines brightly all about us. Through puffs of cloud we spy spots of land- not the lush green amongst which I have been living for the last week, but dry, deserty fields, nourished only by the care of farmers. God has graced us with such a beautiful earth and, until He calls me home, I am content to live in it. Now, for our routine so far:

At 3:00 this morning, the ringing of a phone poked rudely into our realm of sleep. The day before, Nancy had arranged for a wake-up call to ensure we all awoke at the proper hour. We had only slept for an approximation of five hours, so we hung up the phone and set our own alarm, ending up barely having enough time.

Now, here we are, nearly eight hours later, preparing to alnd at a wonderful sped. Lush hills slope to populated valleys. We are very near the ground now...and landed! YAYY! Praise God for a great, safe travel!

In Christ,

Brittany

No comments: