Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Peek Upon the Past- My Latest Hobby!

The other day, my creative streak got the best of me. As some of you already know, I LOVE music of nearly all types and my iPod is literally loaded with songs, videos, and even TV shows released by my favorite artists. I've even written a song or two and would love to get my hands on some music-making computer software.

And then yesterday it hit me- I could start a hobby of burning songs that I select and carefully arrange into albums! Now, of course I won't be selling the albums and all the songs I use will be already paid for, but I thought they would be interesting just to have. Also, if you're intrigued by a particular theme, I plan to post as many of my song arrangements that I can on here so that you may duplicate my work by purchasing the songs for yourself and burning your own CD.

As usual, I already have a thousand ideas running through my head, and I can't wait to share them all with you! But, I have actually begun one of the albums, and have decided to title it A Peek Upon the Past.

A Peek Upon the Past is just that- a backward, reminiscing glance at who we once were. For this selection, I have decided upon four artists whom more or less defined the twenty years that elapsed between 1970-1990; namely, Michael Jackson, Neil Diamond, the Bee Gees, and Chicago. Last night, I went through many CDs and trialed many song combinations until I came up with the following:

Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson)

Desiree (Neil Diamond)

You're the Inspiration (Chicago)

Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees)

America (Neil Diamond)

Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away (Chicago)

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Michael Jackson)

Tragedy (Bee Gees)

Hard Habit to Break (Chicago)

Thriller (Michael Jackson)

Jive Talkin' (Bee Gees)

Look Away (Chicago)

September Morn (Neil Diamond)

No comments: