Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Two New Albums- Words of Praise and Bubblegum

Hey, ya'll! Well, as I mentioned in the previous post, I have done a bit of fiddling around on iTunes trying to create mix cds from the music arsenal I have stored there. As of late, I have two new creations- Words of Praise and Bubblegum. Here are their synopsises, as well as the playlists:

Words of Praise-

Having grown up in a Christian home with the love of my Savior all around me, I saw it as both an obligation and a pleasureable bit of service to give back to God with music. As a result, I selected a group of songs that are amoung my favorites in the Christian genre- ones that I believe both bring glory to God and challenge us to be all we can for Him. The true Christian is one that serves God in humble reverence, always trusts Him, and never fails to follow His will. I wanted this album to reflect that.

Lifesong (Casting Crowns)

Remembering You (Steven Curtis Chapman)

What If (Nichole Nordeman)

Satellite (Shaun Groves)

Speaking Louder than Before (Jeremy Camp)

Yours (Steven Curtis Chapman)

East to West (Casting Crowns)

Revelation (Third Day)

Should I Tell Them (Shaun Groves)

Why (Nichole Nordeman)



Bubblegum-

Being a huge fan of the pop-culture tunes that blare from the radios, cds, iPods, whatever, I decided one day to create an album of all those songs. Originally, only teen pop was going to be given a home here (hence the name Bubblegum). However, when I realized that my teen pop consisted mainly of Jonas, Demi, Miley, David Archuleta, and a couple Jordin Sparks, I had to rouse my imagination in order to save my listeners from dying of boredom. And so the boundaries expanded to include some Jordin Sparks that borderlined the teen area as well as a Leona Lewis song....aaahhhh, so what? Might as well throw some Taylor Swift in there, too!

By the end, I was defining my creation as songs that had burned their way through the pricky brambles of criticism and made it to the top largely because of teen support. Now for the name...how could I adjust the name? Well, nothing was coming, and since everyone but Taylor is a pop artist, I thought, Hey, so what? Bubblegum it is, and Bubblegum it stays.

Burnin' Up (Jonas Brothers)

A Little Too Not Over You (David Archuleta)

One Step at a Time (Jordin Sparks)

Fly With Me (Jonas Brothers)

Love Story (Taylor Swift)

World of Chances (Demi Lovato)

Battlefield (Jordin Sparks)

You Belong With Me (Taylor Swift)

Lovebug (Jonas Brothers)

Here We Go Again (Demi Lovato)

Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)

White Horse (Taylor Swift)

Crush (David Archuleta)

Catch Me (Demi Lovato)

No Air (Jordin Sparks)

No comments: