Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Song- Not Yet Titled

Today I decided I was in the mood to write a song, but we were about to leave for the hairdresser's, so I grabbed a notebook and pencil and prepared to get my creative juices rushing through my brain and out my arm. For an hour, I sat there....a big zero. Nope. Nothin'. Zilch. Not even love songs- and my late-at-night-in-front-of-the-bathroom-mirror ballads are hits, ya know :).And yet I wanted desperately to write a song.

Well, after a good deal of no productivity and yet not having the attention span to finish my Gulliver's Travels reading, I once again deemed it an honorable hour to take my writing weapon into my hand and wound the purely white page with whatever my imagination happened to barf out of its recesses.

And this time I had a theme (thank God...maybe it wouldn't be so terrible after all). As of late, I've been learning about complacency and the dangers that accompany it. Inspired by both my experience with it (or, rather, my struggle to defeat it), the thought of who God wants me to be, and Britt Nicole's song Walk on the Water, I set my pencil upon the paper...and came up with this. Tell me what you think.


What am I,
Doing here,
Starin' out the window?

Watching life,
Pass on by.
It's just another day.

Never once,
Have I thought,
Or cared about tomorrow.

It'll be gone before you know it anyway.

CHORUS

But how do I,
Even know,
That I'll live to see tomorrow?

How can I,
Be assured,
I'll live throughout the day?

Father God,
Yes, I know,
Your footsteps are hard to follow.

But I'd rather die tryin,
Than live,
This way.

How can I,
Live a lie,
And say this is how You made me?

When I know,
Deep inside,
That I was made for more?

Father God,
On my knees,
I beg You to forgive me.

For choosing to simply waste away.

CHORUS

So I'm left,
Standin' here,
Starin' out the window.

Watching the sun,
Slowly set,
On another wasted day.

And since there's no,
Guarrantee,
That I'll be here this time tomorrow.

It's time to start livin' the right way.

Yeah, livin' the right way.

Ooooooo.....


So there it is! But I also need your help! As you can see, this project as of yet needs a title, so if you could please suggest one by leaving a comment (look at the bottom of this post), that would be great! Thank you, and God bless!

No comments: