Sunday, September 20, 2009

You are Great, My God

So, this one I wrote just because...well, why not? Today is just as good as any day
to praise the Lord! And indeed, this all His work. Definitely not mine because, usually, songwriting doesn't come this easy to me. But, in our weaknesses, God is strong, and today He must have wanted me to write Him a song, so He gave me the words. It's as simple as that, guys. If God wants us to do something we know we fall short on, He will guide our words and actions so that He will be glorified and we will succeed.

This number is very slow- almost like a hymn. The ideas presented are simple...and yet I hope they embrace the broadness of our God's glory. I also believe that, as Christians, simple awe as the point at which we should always be, for God requires nothing other of us in worship than to come before Him as we are.

Here is the song:



There’s a calm, sweet surrender,
At the break of day.

Dark skies are torn asunder,
With dawn’s first ray.

And I,
Can only wonder,

Chorus
Why You gave it all,
To me.
Clothed in majesty?

To think Your greatness far succeeds,
Everything the eye can see!

Oh, You are great,
My Lord and God.


There’s a great, brand-new promise,
Upon my every waking hour.

Because Your forgiveness,
Astounds me in its power.

So let me wondering be.

Chorus

And with the twilight of the old day,
Not yet wakened ‘pon the new.

I find another reason,
My wonderings to renew.

Chorus

Oh, You are great,
My God.

Oh, You are great,
My God.

No comments: